Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ahhh, a deep breath

I feel so energized and great today...maybe because I gave into my old "addiction"...yes, Jet Alert, you are my friend. Jet Alert is like No Doz. It has the equivalent caffeine of one cup of coffee. And I LIKE IT! Watch me move! lol I'm trying not to get too used to them because caffeine isn't good when pregnant. And although I'm not pregnant now, I would like to be sometime soon!




So anyways...good fellowship this morning at Bible study. I was bouncing off the walls, which I'm sure frightened some of the women.

And all the way home (Noah was sleeping in the back seat) I was thinking about how I tend to fear death. And fear others' deaths. And I shouted in my head, "I am no longer scared!!!" Like a lightbulb turned on. I don't always live my life the way I'm proud of, but I'm so thrilled that I am making strides (though small at times) in the right direction. I am not promised tomorrow...no one is. The truth is that I may live a long, healthy life. Or I may not. That's just the way it is. And realizing this fact of life and death is powerful to me because I can choose to live my life (be it long or short) with the knowledge that I am living with PURPOSE. I will glorify God and in the end, I will be in Heaven. Isn't that the whole purpose of living?

How's that for a mid-week post?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being our teacher on this subject matter. I enjoyed your own article quite definitely and most of all enjoyed the way in which you handled the aspect I widely known as controversial. You happen to be always quite kind towards readers like me and help me in my life. Thank you.